Chelsea Polk‘s glorious debut novel, Witchmark, from Tor.com Publishing and Tor Books is almost here. Still time to preorder!
In Witchmark, an alternate post-War world has magic and sibling rivalries, a beautiful romance, and so many bicycles. It’s also filled with food — apples in particular, but other foods as well.
So when Chelsea Polk was able to speak with us for Cooking the Books from her home in Alberta, Canada, I was delighted. She also answered questions for the Booksmugglers!
Chelsea will be at 4th Street Fantasy in June, and celebrating the launch of Witchmark soon after, but you can hear her here first!
This month’s Cooking the Books Podcast, #037: How to Feed Magic – Cooking the Books with Chelsea Polk contains:
- Energy-replenishment Guidelines After Magic Use
- The food you eat with friends
- LGBT Romance Recs (along with some adult recs)
- Improper substitution of fountain pens for food by Aliette Pen Bodard
- The best way to cook steak and pasta
- A few thoughts about post-war PTSD
- And much more.
And visit additional Cooking the Books content over on the The Booksmugglers!
(Thanks as always to our friend Paul Weimer who helps clean up the CtB kitchen after we destroy it…)